Thursday, February 23, 2012

Morning Drop-Off

Something terrible almost happened this morning to Kaylie and it has literally made me sick all morning.  I keep replaying the image in my mind and I just want to point out to others the importance of being so careful when your children exit vehicles. 

I pulled into the school this morning to drop Kaylie off for school and there were 3 cars in front of me and at least 1 behind me.  Kaylie quickly jumped out of the truck with her backpack on and her drink and waffles in her hand.  She shut the door and I started to pull up (only for a second) but looked in the side mirror and didn't see her so I  immediately stopped.  All of the sudden I saw her pop up next to the truck, I said, "what are you doing?"  And she said, "MOMMY  - I dropped my Capri Sun under the truck and went to pick it up and you moved!!"  I almost died!!  I told her please don't ever go under any vehicle when it is turned on no matter what!!  I told her I loved her and she went into school but I have not been able to stop thinking about it.  Let this be a lesson to myself and everyone about the importance of being so careful with our babies.  Thank GOD I stopped, I seriously thanked GOD the whole way to work.  Okay - I'm going to try and stop thinking about it for now...but tonight I'm going to have a talk with Kaylie again about the importance of her being safe around vehicles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment