Thursday, January 12, 2012

4-Months Shots

This morning Kelly had her 4-month check-up and 4-month shots.  She had to get the free and clear on her ears 1st because she had an ear infection about 2 weeks ago and was on antibiotics for 10 days.  The good news was that her ears are back to normal and she is developing perfectly!  Of course the bad part was getting the shots and even worse that I had to leave her with the sitter for the rest of the day instead of being able to stay home with her and give her extra special love.  :(  Unfortunately, that is all part of being a working mom.  I am grateful that we have a very sweet and special lady that watches Kelly and I trust she will love on her more today than the usual.  Kelly is already almost 17lbs!  LOL!!...this makes me laugh because she is like a butterball turkey of adorable chubbiness, just like her sister was too!  Below is a pic of her at the Dr. just before the nurse came in to give her the shots. 
She was so happy and smiling and laughing UNTIL the needles went in and then she did one of those silent cries. Poor baby. 

In other news Bryan's 31st birthday is next week so we are going out on Saturday night.  Kaylie is having a sleep-over at her friends house and Kelly is going to stay the night with Grandma and Grandpa.  This allows Bryan and I to go out to a nice dinner and then party like we were 16 again (okay not really like 16!).

We are so lucky to have my Mom and Dad down the street from us AND super lucky we also have Nana and Pop close by too.  Plus, they all love having their grandkids around.  I don't know what I would do without my Mom and Dad? OMG, when we still lived in Katy and they moved to Cypress I literally cried my eyes out.  I told Bryan (in my typical dramatic fashion), "They could have moved to Michigan and it would be the same thing!!!".  Obviously that's not true but that is how I felt at the time, like they were a million miles away.  Anyway - it's good we moved closer to them and the rest of the family, even though I desperately miss Katy at times.

Last little news for today - Kaylie is so funny.  I went to text the sitter this morning and saw Kaylie had tried to send a text to my Mom last night from my phone, but didn't press send.  Here's what she said, "Hi grandma its kaylie mommy doesn't no I am doing this I don't no how to do this" and then she added a smiley face.  She cracks me up!  She wanted a pic of just me and her on the blog but Bryan (while holding the baby) kept trying to get in the pic.  It was really funny - see below.
(Note: Kaylie's hand trying to push Daddy out of the pic, LOL)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment