Monday, August 20, 2012

Bye-Bye Summer

This is officially the last week of summer.  And even though I will miss the much less hectic life style we have had over the past 3 months I think we are all ready.  Kaylie is ready because she is excited about 3rd grade, Bryan is ready because he is sick of the heat (like most of us) and I am ready b/c it means I am one step closer to having this baby!  In all fairness to Kaylie summer time this year has literally meant pretty much "no school".  I work full time and I'm pregnant so no vaca this year.  All my time off needed to be saved for my maternity leave/and or sick kids.  :(  Soooo...hopefully next year we will be able to have a real vacation again and Kaylie can have more of a real summer, with trips to the Frio again, camping, fishing, going to the beach, etc.  These are all the normal things we do but this year we missed all that good stuff.  Now I do need to keep in mind next year I will have a 20 month old and a 7-8 month old!!! Ahhhhh...okay let me actually back track and not keep that in mind.  ;)  I think it's best for me to not think about the challenges coming up!! Anyway...good-bye summer of 2012 - and hurry up summer of 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment